Friday, March 12, 2010

I tried working a little more on my portfolio site but I can't do much until I can get the problem fixed with the navigation. I still haven't figured out why that last frame on the page animation doesn't want to work. So I put that aside for a while and worked more on one of the fictitious restaurant sites I'm working on. At first I thought I wanted to do a sliced background in css for it but after fiddling with the code and images for several hours so I could get the sizes right and the tiling to be seamless I decided I didn't like how it looked with the background of my SWF file so I scraped it and went for a solid background until I can make something I like that doesn't seem too busy with the rest of the site. As far as working in Flash, I reconstructed pages, opting for several small image files versus one large image file. I've added the Career pages and you can now go back and forth between the page sections whereas before you had to hit the main button to go back to the main page to navigate to the desired page in Careers for instance.

On a side note, I will probably have to make a preloader for the site since the file is getting pretty large but I haven't started on it yet. So if it takes a while to load it's not because the page is empty, it's just taking a while to load.


Click to view site

I'm still working on the other site but I haven't nailed down a layout I want to use for the rest of the site. I want it to resemble a scroll, much like the print menu I made that is the inspiration for the site but I haven't decided how I want to go about doing that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment